Exporting into a table

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Exporting into a table

Post by iBoy »

I am trying to export my DVD library into an iTunes-like table (or DVDpedia for that sake), with one movie in each row, and different details along each row. But if I make for example a 1x5 table with different template fields in the cells, and place the BeginRepeat and EndRepeat tags before and after this table, the columns will not make a vertically straight line in the exported web page, because each row becomes a separate table, with different width of the cells.

Is it possible get all entries into one big table?
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

Forget it, I found the solution:

I made a 2x5 table and placed the BeginRepeat tag in the first cell, before the template field, and the EndRepeat tag in the first cell in the next, empty row. Now new entries fills in automatically in new rows in the same table!

Of course I can make a 3 row table and use the first row as heading. This row is before the BeginRepeat tag and will not be repeated.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That what I was going to mention not to repeat the table but the <tr> e.i. the row. Also if you would like take a look at the printing.html template where this is done via CSS instead of tables.