Two questions about translation

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Two questions about translation

Post by iBoy »

Is it possible to have foreign characters in the columns of the DVDpedia application when translating them? I've tried, but they are either missing or replaced by other symbols.

Another language question: On my exported web page I want to translate everything to my own language. But the IMDb viewer rating that ends with "... votes" seems impossible to translate, because this comes directly from the IMDb page. Is there still a way to translate this word?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Is it possible to have foreign characters in the columns of the DVDpedia application when translating them?
It is possible, take a look at our German translation. Make sure you're saving the file as UTF8 encoding.
... votes
You are correct that it was imported like that, we will tell the programs to look for that when importing and translate the word votes in future versions. In the meantime with your old imported items, what you can do is change the XML database directly. Quit DVDpedia, duplicate ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/info.xml as a backup, open info.xml in a text editor and do a search and replace for "votes)" to "votos)". Save and launch DVDpedia. ( :) Of course insert proper translation instead of Spanish one.)
iBoy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by iBoy »

Thanks! Now I've fixed it :-)