Bookpedia Covers OK in preview but missing on .mac

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
bungalow1225

Bookpedia Covers OK in preview but missing on .mac

Post by bungalow1225 »

When I preview the .mac upload for my library, the cover art shows up - all of it. When I upload it to .mac and then view it online, however, some of the covers are missing. They appear to be ones that I added manually, e.g., using the "capture" function and my iSight.

Any advice? I hate seeing "Cover art not available" for books I have photographed.

Thanks.

B1225
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There should be no difference between the covers that you captured using the iSight and the ones downloaded. Except maybe the higher resolution makes the covers to big for .Mac. Use the regular export to disk and make sure to set your image settings to a size that is reasonable for a web page 100 - 300 pixel range, then try the .Mac again. Otherwise after doing the regular export check the images folder created by the export and please send me a regular cover and two of the covers that don't show up in the .Mac so that I can take a look at the differences. Also using a program called Console in the Utilities folder you can view your computer's console log; after the .Mac upload any errors should be reported there, please send me those as well. Also the address of your .Mac site with the missing images can sometimes be useful. Feel free to emails us at our support email if you do not want to post that information here.
bungalow1225

Will try all that, thanks

Post by bungalow1225 »

In the middle of an ACTUAL project (what could be more important than cataloging my books?!), and will circle back to this when I have a chance. Meanwhile, THANK YOU for the guidance!

-B1225
bungalow1225

Problem solved

Post by bungalow1225 »

This is resolved.

In the FILE> Export Collection.... dialog, the image file size was already specified, and the box to include images was checked. The file size numbers were greyed, though. When I typed the numbers in, they "Stuck" and the images that were previously missing (640x480, 408k images from iSight).

I guess the greyed numbers are meant to indicate maximum recommended image dimensions; but it looks like they are numbers that are already specified for the export.

I thank the support folks for their help (they can ignore my email).

B1225