imdb import

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
csiszi

imdb import

Post by csiszi »

Hi,

is there a way to import movies/DVDs by their IMDB link (or IMDB code)?
I saw the automator action "import URLs", but it needs amazon url (and didn't work for me by the way).

I can make text files with imdb urls of several dvdrent stores, so I could make a collection for each stores DVD collection: import their imdb url collections, then import them to DVDPedia with a custom field "store1", etc.
When they have new stuff, i can easily add them to the collection.

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Remove the URL part with a text editor, leaving only the number.

Code: Select all

From: http://imdb.com/title/tt0381061/ you want to be left with: 0381061
Then when you import the file, import the IMDb number into the IMDb number field. After the inport select the entries and choose from the menu Advance-->Get Advance Info for Selection-->IMDb

I have also updated the Automator importer to be able to handle IMDb URLs. Download DVDpedia again if you like to try that route out.
csiszi

Post by csiszi »

Thank you.
The import thing works great, but the automator stuff isn't.
I've removed it with cleanapp, downloaded again from this site, but i can't see an imdb import.
Tried it with textedit "get contents from textedit document" - import amazon url, but didn't work (imdb url/amazon url). The dvdpedia icon is dancing, but nothing happens (no error msg).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The import Amazon URLs should now recognise IMDb URLs. A should give it a new name of import URLs that would be more fitting. If you could email me the text file you are using and the Automator action, so I can debug it on my computer. Use the import to enter all the information into DVDpedia; as that route is working for you.