Adding Genre

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
RayR
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Genre

Post by RayR »

For some time now Ive had to add the genre manually as it is not populating automatically. Is there any way this can be automated?

Thanks

Ray
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Add a genre to the genre field and hit Tab or click on another field. That'll save the genre to the autofill list.
Otherwise you can also go into the DVDpedia Preferences/Autofill and add the genres you like to the list there.

After that the program should always autofill the genres for you. (The same holds true for all the other fields in the Autofill tab of the Preferences.)
RayR
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RayR »

Hi Nora. Thanks for the reply.

I probably should have been clearer. Autofill doesn't add any genres, including those in the list in the preferences. Any ideas on why this might be the case?

Thanks

Ray
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

So the genres appear under the preferences when you change the pop-up to Genres; but in the edit window when you start typing "A" it doesn't autofill to "Action" or are you referring to the table? When you click on the arrow, in the edit window, does the drop down menu show the genres or is it empty? And you are using DVDpedia?

If your not particularly attached to your other autofill words you can remove the autofill.xml file in your data folder while the program is not running (I don't think it will help but it is worth a try). This will force the program to create a new file when you start it up (it means that any autofill words you have added will be gone). The file is located in your home folder ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/autofill.xml
RayR
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RayR »

Yes, the genres appear in the drop-down menu and if I start typing a word, it autofills the rest i.e. as you suggest for 'Action'. What it doesn't do is to retrieve the information and autofill without me intervening. I'm sure that in an earlier version, once I'd searched a title, the genre was automatically populated as well as it does for 'rated', 'Studio', etc. But I guess I could be wrong.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the clarification. Could you also tell me the site your doing the searching on (Amazon US?) and two examples of the searches that don't yield genre results?
RayR
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RayR »

Yes, its searching Amazon UK. Thanks

Runaway Bride and Flightplan are two but I could pick any one of my library of 138.

Thanks for your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. There was a change to the way Amazon.co.uk listed their genres. You can download DVDpedia again and it will be working.
RayR
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RayR »

Works fine now. Thanks very much for your help.