DVDPedia Play Button

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
applepunks
Contributor
Contributor

DVDPedia Play Button

Post by applepunks »

Question: your play button tries to launch to the menu of a dvd. I rip most my movies without menus (resulting in an error message flashing in dvd player) or the menu (i have no features so not clicking exactly the right thing to get the widescreen movie to play crashes dvd player)

Is there a way to set the play button to just start the dvd at chapter 1 title 1? Using the MACDVDONDEMAND plugin does exactly that but for some reason I can't run it on the same machine that has the dvds on it. Thanks!
JuergenS
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JuergenS »

Hi,

your suggestion with tiltle 1 cahpter 1 might result in a little problem. There are DVDs out there where the mainfeature is not title 1, so I believe to go for the menue is the right way.

Regards,
Juergen
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try linking the title 1 chapter 1 file directly instead of the VIDEO_TS folder. If a VIDEO_TS folder is linked then DVDpedia uses Applescript to tell DVD Player to open the movie (if we told the Finder it would open a folder). If you link the file inside the folder then DVDpedia tells the Finder to open the file (As it could be any kind of file). If double clicking the file works, then linking the inner file will also work. This has the advantage that if you set your .vob files to open with say VLC as the preferred player then this is the player that will open from DVDpedia as well.

The above is the best solution, otherwise MACDVDONDEMAND is open source, so you could wrap whatever command they use to open the VIDEO_TS folder in a plug-in doMenuCommand function. Put then you have to use the plug-in menu to launch your movies you wouldn't be able to use the play button on the toolbar or fullscreen mode.
applepunks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by applepunks »

Thanks going to play around with it for a bit. One of the pains of switching media products so much trying to compare them all) is that I ave to reorder or reformat the structure I keep them in!

Adding upc codes to 540 folders right now for macdvdondemand is a pain in the butt right now.