using iSight

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
daninseattle

using iSight

Post by daninseattle »

Cannot seem to get iSight to scan barcodes and have disabled iChat..any suggestions?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are there any errors in your console log when you open the isight window? You can view your console log with the program of the same name in your utilities folder.
daninseattle

using iSight

Post by daninseattle »

Yes I have checked for errors and have the following:

Library/InputManagers/iPLM/iPLM.bundle/Contents/MacOS/iPLM for bundle /Users/dannorman/Library/InputManagers/iPLM/iPLM.bundle, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The iPhoto Plug-in Manager should not interfere with DVDpedia, however you can try uninstalling it see if makes a difference. Normally I would suggest trying the scanning in a new blank user account see if any other user specific settings are interfering, but input managers like the one you mentioned would still run as they are installed at the system level.
daninseattle

using iSight

Post by daninseattle »

Thanks for your input! I removed the app and reloaded but no luck. Also rechecked iSight via my old copy of "Delicious Library" and it worked fine.

How do I remove iPhoto plug-in manager to try that solution? Would there be any side effects elsewhere?

Thanks,
Dan