Printing Labels in Bookpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
russdquinn
Inductee
Inductee

Printing Labels in Bookpedia

Post by russdquinn »

I am strongly considering purchasing Bookpedia to manage my library.

I have one problem that I can't seem to figure out.

Is there a way to easily print labels (e.g. Avery templates) with the Dewey or LCCN fields?

When I process books, I want to enter it into Bookpedia, print out labels with call numbers and place them in the right place on my shelf.

I can't seem to find an obvious way to accomplish this without copying and pasting to another program.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi,

There are two possibilities, one as you mentioned is doing an export of a tab or comma delimited file and using a program specifically for printing labels. The other is building or editing one of the existing HTML templates to work with Avery labels. The latter is the ideal solution as it allows you to keep everything within Bookpedia. Creating a template that would be suitable for labels is on our to do list for templates that we should include with the program. If you do have some HTML experience and do build the template please consider sharing it and we can include it with Bookpedia. Otherwise be sure to check back with new versions of Bookpedia to see if it will fit your needs.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Here is a post on how to go about changing a template for printing as well as an included simple template to start from.