Generate ALL Smart Collections to HTML Simultaneously

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
drjohncmac
Captain
Captain

Generate ALL Smart Collections to HTML Simultaneously

Post by drjohncmac »

I've modified and created various templates for my movie collection. I currently export a cover page of images, and a detailed page for each image by genre, or some multiple of criteria (e.g., new movies = movies not watched whose release date is within two years, etc.)

Is there any way to generate all of these WEB pages into my Sites folder automatically? Not a big deal, but it takes 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to generate all the sub-folders for each genre/selection.

Thanks for any help.

Dr. John
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is no way to generate the export for several different collections at once. Depending on how you are structuring your site, some of the work could be automated; send me a link to your site and I can take a look.

If you are into programming a MySQL PHP version might be a solution for you; do the layout once and then just updating the database from DVDpedia. There is a Bookpedia version at http://people.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle/books/software.php
drjohncmac
Captain
Captain

Post by drjohncmac »

Thanks for the link!

I'm familiar with php and very familiar with MySQL. Python doesn't look too awfully difficult.

I have php and MySQL running on the imac, & will give a try using the export text file -> mySQL -> web site dataflow.

I'll let you know how it goes. This mechanism REALLY opens up what can be done with DVDPedia data.

Thanks again.

John