Sheet Music-pedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jamesp
Inductee
Inductee

Sheet Music-pedia

Post by jamesp »

It would be very useful to have a *pedia application for cataloguing sheet music. I realise it would be possible to adapt Bookpedia but it's not ideal as sheet music (particularly classical music) has some quite special field requirements in order to be catalogued properly. But there must be many musicians with very large sheet music collections who would love a catalogue app of the quality of the other *pedia apps, especially given how difficult it can be to find specific pieces in a big library of sheet music on your shelves. And musicians have a long tradition of being Mac users. Thoughts?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback and ideas. We have been trying to move closer to letting users define their own fields. As we improve the programs we are not only adding features, but also making them more versatile. However as we were getting to a point were we could let users create their own fields we switched to a new database that is a lot stricter (has great advantage in speed) but we are set back in letting users come up with their own fields. As we get used to the new technology I am sure we will begin to find ways of making it more flexible once again.
Novatlan
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Novatlan »

A Sheet Music Pedia would be great!
As a composer, I have a fairly large library of sheet music and could use a tool to organize it.