isight support not working

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
djinibaby

isight support not working

Post by djinibaby »

Hi,

I use DVD pedia and can´t use the isight (iMac Jan, 2007 20").

I tried all hints, but I can´t get an ISBN.

I tried the same with Delicious Library and could scan 20 DVD´s without any probs.

What is the different in these progs? I saw that the red scan lines in DL where greater and the place between any line was not so small as in DVD Pedia.

Can anyone help me?

I love DVD Pedia and don´t want to use DL :-(
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We have have a new version coming up that will make the pedias Tiger (10.4) only. And then we will be updating the iSight code for Tiger and Leopard as well as updating it for the new iSight cameras with a bigger resolution. We hear you and we wouldn't want you to use DL either. :) So I promise to make it better with that iSight update.

In the meantime please test these three versions as they do things slightly different and let me know if any of them work better for you: version1, version2 and version3.

Also check in the iChat preferences under video that you have "automatically open iChat when camera is turned on" unchecked, as it seems to make a difference for some.
djinibaby

Post by djinibaby »

Hi, thanx for your reply.

I am sorry to say that no version is working for me :?

I got an ISBN one time, but this was wrong.

I got the green lines too sometimes, but only for milliseconds. I think my hands are vibrating too much :D

Any other hints for me?

Thanx and have a nice Sunday ..

Regards from germany

Djinibaby
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

I don't have a Mac that has iSight yet. So I have ordered a CueCat scanner from eBay. They are cheap enough, even from the USA to Europe, that this is a valid solution, assuming they work well enough.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We've only heard good things from users with CueCats but if you come across any problems, let us know.
djinibaby

Post by djinibaby »

I´m sorry to say that, but this does not help me with my problem.

I don´t want to buy a cuecat scanner.

Can anyone try to help me with my prob?

Thanx
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

As Conor mentioned before, we will be updating the iSight code once the Pedias go Tiger only (with the next major update, coming soon). Making the iSight code compatible for Panther as well as dealing with all the different iSight ratios and resolutions is tricky but hopefully the switch to Tiger only will make things easier.