Choosing items

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Choosing items

Post by danco »

I am looking for items in CDPedia via "add items manually", which seems to be more convenient at the moment than the search by keyword (and the CDs have no case, hence no visible code). I often get the drawer showing several possibilities, and from time to time the same item occurs more than once in the list.

How can I choose which is the entry I want?

If I click on the item in the drawer it gets added to the library, and I may then find it is not the one I wanted, which is inconvenient.

If it is not currently possible to make a choice, then I would suggest you make this an option.

Of course, searching by keyword allows one to move between the items found, but often I don't want to do this as it provides too many choices.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If the item you choose during the advanced search is not the correct one, hit the cancel button and the advanced search info will not be added to your entry.

(When you do an advanced search on an item that hasn't been added to the library yet and you pick the wrong entry from the advanced search, you can simply click the next or back button to go to the following entry and then back to the original one. That'll delete the faulty advanced search.)

Give the keyword search a try though - you can add as many keywords as you want to narrow down the search. For example, use the title of the album along with the artists name or even the label. That should narrow down the returned information considerably. (For example, 'Greatest Hits' will return an obscene amount of entries but search for 'Greatest Hits Springsteen' and you will get 10 results.)

With the next version the undo function will also become fully functional so you'll be able to undo any searches or advanced searches that didn't provide the right information.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

I'm evidently not doing things the right way, as your answer does not fit with what I see. I will try your keyword suggestion and see how that works, and the new pedia versions, when they appear, will also help.
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

Further to my recent post.

If I search for a title A River of Sound, even with the stntax

&Title=A River Of Sound

I get quite a few items. I think it is every item whose title contains both River and Sound.

Does using quotes, either single or double, guarantee the extact title?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Amazon like Google ignores common words: in this case of and a; so you are correct those with both river and sound will be returned. Amazon does take into account quotes a search for "A River of Sounds" will return only 10 items.