CDpedia sort

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
rpali
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

CDpedia sort

Post by rpali »

Initially, I sorted my CDs by artist. I didn't notice the 'Artist Sort' field so I was very pleased when I found it. Once I started using this field everything was good, except that when I entered new information, the sort order seemed to lose itself, but I could get things back into sequence by reversing the order twice. Inconvenient, but not a big deal.

Today however, the Artist Sort information is not being used. If I select the Artist column header, it sorts by the text as it appears in the field (ignoring a leading 'The' or 'A', as normal). If I Option-Click the Artist column header, it sorts by the last word in the field (or the last word before a comma), which is also wrong. For example, Vince Guaraldi correctly appears under G, Led Zeppelin incorrectly appears under Z, and The Mars Volta incorrectly appears under V.

The only way I can use the Artist Sort data is to click it directly, but then all the records with Artist Sort data appear together, which is also wrong.

I deleted the plist file with no change in behaviour...the Artist Sort data appears to be ignored.

Might anyone have a suggestion?

Rick.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDpedia sort

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the detailed explanation. If you don't mind sharing your database with us please email us the file so that we can try out the sort of the artist field ourselves with your data. That way we can figure out why it's not taking the sort artist into account. You will find the file in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Database.pediadata. Compress it from under the file menu and then send us the resulting .zip file via email (you will find on our email on our support page).