HTML export template help

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

HTML export template help

Post by -LD »

I am playing around with a nice, Flash-based coverflow clone.

http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2008/08/14/ ... ource.html

I was hoping to use this as the basis for a nice HTML export template. What I am struggling with is that the page reads from an XML file. Unfortunately I don't know how to export an HTML page that also populates the necessary data.xml file as well.

Any ideas?

Ideally I was hoping to do this with http://radnan.public.iastate.edu/coverflow/

I still may pursue that as well since it doesn't require anything like Flash, just web standards.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: HTML export template help

Post by Conor »

Take a look at the three views template, it uses a secondary XML file for the data as well.

The file ThreeViewsPicLensDetails is an XML and contains the basic information to create the image browser. It also includes the commands for exporting images restricted to a certain height and width during the export (these commands are in comments so they don't affect the actual XML). It's exported directly from the main template with the following command:

Code: Select all

<meta name="details" content="ThreeViewsPicLensDetails.html">
The cover view seems to work on the same principals as three views.

Here is the [url=dvdpedia://www.bruji.com/download?temp/coverflowTemplate.zip]Yet Another Cover Flow Clone[/url] integrated with our export system. After installing, it's in the HTML export under coverflow. I just took their example file and renamed the data.xml file, added the image export commands to the header and embedded the needed flash in the images folder.

Be careful that Yet Another Cover Flow Clone has a flaw that if any image is missing then it will hang, but that shouldn't be an issue with DVDpedia as DVDpedia adds a place holder image for missing covers.