DVDPedia search plugin for italians

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
birdack81
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDPedia search plugin for italians

Post by birdack81 »

Hello,

I'm both a new mac and (consequently) DVDPedia user. I'm enjoy using it, but in my opinion the search sites provided for the italian DVDs are not so good. This because they provide information only on the DVDs that are actually on the market, not the old version. So, since this is a DVDs catalogue, I think the most useful italian web site could be http://www.dvd-store.it/index.asp since it has information also on out of the market DVDs. Is it possible to integrate it in the search websites or at least have an external plugin?

Thanks anyway for the really good work and for all the help you provide through the forum.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDPedia search plugin for italians

Post by Nora »

Welcome to the world of Mac and DVDpedia! And thanks for the suggestion for www.dvd-store.it. The search in the Pedia programs is extendable via a plug-in architecture but you do need a bit of programming experience (or a healthy sense of adventure) to write a plug-in. If that sounds interesting, take a look at our plug-in page. We're trying to limit our own plug-in additions to sites that provide an API to developers since that makes for easier writing and maintenance. But we do write all site suggestions down to keep them in mind for the future.
birdack81
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by birdack81 »

Thanks for the quick reply... I like the risk ( :mrgreen: ) so maybe I will try something with the plugin. It could be a worthy use of time than fill and correct the informations for my huge collection taken from dvd.it or BOL.it.

In any case, where's the correct place to ask if I need some help with the plugin writing?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you have any questions about the plug-in process or get stuck at any point, you can either post questions here in the forum or email us directly at the support email. (I'm not posting the email address here to avoid spam.)