CDPedia and itunes artwork

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CDPedia and itunes artwork

Post by jschaffe »

I restarted it and the DB was empty, so I tried the import again but it hung at 100% CPU. Here's from the console:

5/8/12 1:07:06.834 PM Firewall: CDpedia is listening from 0.0.0.0:8130 proto=6
5/8/12 1:09:59.992 PM [0x0-0x58c58c].com.bruji.cdpedia: CDpedia(10396,0xac3212c0) malloc: *** mmap(size=8056832) failed (error code=12)
5/8/12 1:09:59.992 PM [0x0-0x58c58c].com.bruji.cdpedia: *** error: can't allocate region
5/8/12 1:09:59.992 PM [0x0-0x58c58c].com.bruji.cdpedia: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
5/8/12 1:09:59.993 PM CDpedia: CGImageDestinationFinalize failed for output type 'public.tiff'
5/8/12 1:09:59.993 PM [0x0-0x58c58c].com.bruji.cdpedia: ImageIO: <ERROR> CGImageSourceCreateWithData data parameter is nil

(I originally reported it as crashed, edited it once I found it still behind other windows.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the console and crash report. It seems like there is a corrupted image in your iTunes that is causing the import to fail. I have updated the beta to print out the name of the album that it's currently going to importing the image for so that you can see the last printout in the console log before the crash and remove the images for that album and try again. Try that with up to three different albums if it continues to crash at the fourth album then it might be something else. In the meantime I'll investigate if I can add more checks into the code to avoid importing a corrupted image.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jschaffe »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the console and crash report. It seems like there is a corrupted image in your iTunes that is causing the import to fail. I have updated the beta to print out the name of the album that it's currently going to importing the image for so that you can see the last printout in the console log before the crash and remove the images for that album and try again. Try that with up to three different albums if it continues to crash at the fourth album then it might be something else. In the meantime I'll investigate if I can add more checks into the code to avoid importing a corrupted image.
The beta link isn't working, but when it is I'll give it a try. I have a suspicion that there could be something in the CDpedia database or associated files, however. I still have my original CDpedia folder from version 4, and have saved it at each of several steps:
  1. Restore version 4 folder
  2. Open in version 5, save the converted folder
  3. Exclude the previous imports (each a portion of my library due to album cover limitations) and delete them, save the purged folder
  4. Import everything from iTunes at once (since album cover limits removed) but ratings were off, success
  5. Delete the contents of the import, success
  6. Try to load again -- crash!
  7. Restore folder from empty version
  8. import again with correct ratings, success
Note that 4, 5, and 6 were all done in one CDpedia session; I didn't quit or save the CDpedia folder in those steps.

I'll try and duplicate this again.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The beta link isn't working, but when it is I'll give it a try.
The link is fixed. Sorry about that.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jschaffe »

jschaffe wrote:I'll try and duplicate this again.
I used the new beta and had the same problem. It definitely seems to have to do with excluding an import, deleting it and all its data, and attempting to import again. The hangs seem to occur at different points in the import. I've emailed a couple of logs where the item list is displayed by the new version.

I don't know if it's worth it, but it might be helpful to have a switch to log items being imported in the production version, so it could be enabled if needed.

Thanks!