IMDB typo?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: IMDB typo?

Post by PGW »

Rats.

I updated to the new version today (the one that says the search engines all work correctly...) and, once again, the imdb is gone.
Looks like it's back to the Beta for me. :-(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Could you please give us an example of a search that didn't work for you? Is there anything in your console log? (You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.)
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

The problem isn't in a specific search - it's that imdb has vanished from my menu, both if I try and "add" a movie, and in the "sites" menu under preferences. Strangely, installing the update (in addition to putting a new copy of DVDpedia in my applications folder) also modified the version of DVDpedia Beta I'd been running (see earlier in this thread) so imdb is gone from THAT as well.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm not really sure how that could have happened but please download another copy of DVDpedia (4.6.5) and the IMDb plug-in should be restored.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

I downloaded the program, trashed the old ones and installed it from the disc image. No difference.
I then re-downloaded Beta 58 (which was the workaround Conor suggested to me on the previous page) and ran that and... well, it's no longer a workaround*. IMDB doesn't appear either when I try and add a title, or in the "sites" list under prefs.

Again, I'm running 10.4.11 on a 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo.

* I just noticed the link downloads Beta 66 rather than Beta 58, so somewhere in-between something was changed that made the imdb search inactive.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There should be no problem with the latest release and the plug-in, the previous optimization was fixed earlier in beta 58 and I just verified it. I put up the latest beta 67, although it should be identical to the release version please give it a try. Also make sure there are no plug-ins in your local data folder. This would be located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Plug-ins. If it still fails to load please do send us all the console messages, as there would be an error on why the plug-in failed to load on your system.

Of course if you would prefer to get back to adding movies right away you can download version 4.6.4.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

Beta 67 doesn't work, either.
The local data folder was empty, so it's not that.
I opened up the console and then ran DVDpedia, but nothing appeared in the console. I have limited experience using this... am I dong something wrong?

I did download 4.6.4 and imdb is back, by the way.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You are indeed looking in the correct place. It's very odd that there are no messages in the console as a failure to load a plug-in would certainly be reported. I'll get my hands on an Intel Core Duo running 10.4.11 to give it a try. Does the "Awards...", "Trivia..." plug-ins show up in the new version under the plugin menu on the main menu?
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

Oh, no.

I can't even find anything that says "plug-in menu."

The choices along the top are

DVDpedia / File / Edit / Advanced / View / Window / Help

None of them has anything like "plug-ins" as a selection.

Along the top of the main DVDpedia window it simply says

Add / Delete / Edit / Info / Imdb / View / Full / Export / Statistics

Thanks for following up on this, Conor. :).
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The Plug-in menu is the little white cube to the right of the 'Help' menu. (Sorry for the confusion.)
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I don't see a little white cube. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

It's been more than a month since my previous post.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry PGW but we've been unable to repeat the problem on any system here. And since your console doesn't report a problem either, we really don't have a clue what could be causing this strange behaviour on your computer. For now, keep running 4.6.4 since that still shows the IMDb plug-in for you. If another user reports the same problem hopefully we can zone in further on what might be causing the problem so we'll keep our eyes open.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

This is really frustrating.

I reverted back to 4.6.4, and IMDB once again shows in the search menus. I now see the little white cube you were talking about that gives me options to download additional IMDB information.

HOWEVER... it doesn't work. And not just IMDB... now NOTHING works. It doesn't matter if I tell it to cascade, or search yesasia... or anything. All I get is a little spinning wheel. :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Can you please do the following: restart the program (4.6.4) and try another search. If it doesn't work, have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia. You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.

There's also a new beta of DVDpedia (74), which you can download to try but it probably won't help since the problem seems to be somewhere in your system. But it's always worth a try.