IMDB typo?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: IMDB typo?

Post by PGW »

Indeed, the new Beta doesn't change anything.

I tried again. It looked like it did something the first time I went to update an entry with Imdb, but after that I once again just got the wheel of doom.

Here's the last few console entries, that seem to relate to DVDPedia. Hopefully something will ring a bell :).

2011-06-07 13:47:21.935 DVDpedia[333] CFLog (22): Cannot find function pointer MyCMPluginFactory for factory 02E3F072-9CCB-11D5-A0B2-00306575F8A2 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0xfbab5b0 </Library/Contextual Menu Items/StuffItCM.plugin> (not loaded)
2011-06-07 13:48:10.713 DVDpedia[333] *** -[NSCFString integerValue]: selector not recognized [self = 0x12de2960]
An exception of type NSInvalidArgumentException occured.
*** -[NSCFString integerValue]: selector not recognized [self = 0x12de2960]
Stack trace:
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/atos: No such file or directory
2011-06-07 13:48:11.069 DVDpedia[333] *** -[NSCFString integerValue]: selector not recognized [self = 0x12de2960]
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the console log, fixed the integerValue 10.4 compatibility bug in the beta. Glad to hear you can now see the plugin and try to use it, please give it another try.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PGW »

Sadly, no.

Still no Imdb. When I click the gear in the lower right hand corner (to add more information from one of the external sources) most of the time the program won't search. Here's the console message:

2011-06-09 08:25:49.176 DVDpedia[1011] -JSONValue failed. Error trace is: (
NSError "Unrecognised leading character" Domain=org.brautaset.JSON.ErrorDomain Code=3 UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription = "Unrecognised leading character"; }
)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This is all very strange, as the previous bug was in the IMDb plug-in, if the plug-in never loaded it would have been impossible to use it and get the [NSCFString integerValue] error message. The new error log is for TMDb and probably indicates a network issue with their server. However if you can send me a dcard for the item that produces that error I can then try to repeat it here to make sure that is the case. To create a dcard highlight the item in the table view and drag it out over your Desktop. This will create a file with a .dcard ending that you can then attach to an email. Thank you.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Okay, try the latest beta. We did hear from one other user who seemed to have the same trouble as you with IMDb and he reports it fixed now so please let us know how this beta works out for you.
JWalkey
Inductee
Inductee

Post by JWalkey »

Hello all!

I just registered on the forum today cuz I had the same problem just now and think I have a fix.

For those who cannot access the IMDb plug-in menu (white cube) or are having issues linking. I noticed my plug-in menu missing in DVDpedia 4.6.6 on my Mac PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.5.8 just now. I downloaded the new DVDpedia Beta (4.6.7) as Nora suggested. The Beta had returned the plug-in menu, but none of the plug-ins would connect. So, I closed the programs and decided to open the folders for DVDpedia and the Beta by ctrl-clicking each program and selecting "Show Package Contents". In each of the corresponding Plug-ins folders, I noticed the Beta had the old plug-ins (Awards, Location, MovieMistakes, Quotes, Soundtrack, and Trivia) and the 4.6.6 version didn't. I just copied (ctrl-dragged) those plug-ins from the Beta to the 4.6.6 Plug-ins folder, re-opened the program, and voilà! The plug-ins show up under the plug-in menu and each connect properly to IMDb.

Hope that explanation was clear and helps.