DVDPedia freezes after export.

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
mickymazda

DVDPedia freezes after export.

Post by mickymazda »

I have about 660 movies in my DVDPedia library. Whenever I export - whatever kind, Text,Html etc, DVDPedia becomes non responsive and requires a Force Quit from Activity Monitor.

This is no major drama as it always starts up again with no problems or data loss - it's just a bit annoying.

Any ideas?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDPedia freezes after export.

Post by Nora »

Are you running the latest version of DVDpedia, 4.6.6? (You can check under the File menu using the 'Check for Updates' command.) If you do have the latest version, could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. Also, since the problem is repeatable for you, the next time DVDpedia is stuck and unresponsive like that, run "Activity Monitor", select DVDpedia from the process list and under the view menu use "Sample Process" (command-option-s). You'll see a button to save the sample file in order to attach it to an email to us. Thanks! (You'll find our email on the support page.)
mickymazda

Re: DVDPedia freezes after export.

Post by mickymazda »

I was running 4.6.5. Just downloaded and installed 4.6.6 and .... problem solved!

Thanks very much