Update error

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
0vid
Inductee
Inductee

Update error

Post by 0vid »

I have some update errors, no matter what source I choose to update.

I have two books which have these problems, one is Ben Jonson: Poetry and Architecture, when I update the update changes the ISBN and I get a biography of Ben Jonson instead

The other book is Cities of God, by Graham Ward, published by Routledge, recently. Any update will change the cover, author ISBN etc to "City of God" by St Augustine.

As it stands I am unsure if I should carry on to use the software as it will necessitate manual changes and checks which I do not have time for 1525 books.

Please advise.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Update error

Post by Nora »

Any information already entered for an entry should never be changed when you search for additional information. If this happens to you, please send me a .bcard file for one of those entries so I can try to repeat the problem here. To create a bcard, select the entry in Bookpedia's table view and drag it out to your Desktop. The .bcard file will automatically be created and you simply have to attach it to the email. (You will find our email address on the support page.)

Also, have you tried using the gear button in the Edit window instead of the 'Update from' command found under the Book menu? The advantage of the gear button is that if there is more than one result returned for the search, the results drawer will pop out on the side of the edit window and you can select the correct result. The 'Update from' command on the other hand will always download the first result automatically.