DVDpedia 5.0.3 replacing information as opposed to adding it

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia 5.0.3 replacing information as opposed to adding it

Post by gryphonent »

The latest update of DVDpedia broke a key functionality when editing information for a film. In previous versions before 5.0.3 I was able to select TMDb as a source for the basic info and artwork, then used Wikipedia as a source to get a summary, and finally IMDb for the tags and any other field that was still empty. The respective information was ADDED to fields that were empty.

With version 5.0.3 it seems that information and artwork are REPLACED depending on the source selected. So, if go to TMDb for the artwork and want my tags from IMDb later on I also end up with an artwork (and information) from IMDb.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I'm not aware of? I'd like DVDpedia to fill in EMPTY fields only. Not to replace information that is already existing.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia 5.0.3 replacing information as opposed to addin

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report on the latest version. I was able to replicate it. It's only in certain conditions that the second/third consecutive search on a single entry without a save in-between will reset the base details to their original value (basically adding the information from the last search site only). Please download DVDpedia beta 25 and give it a try it.
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDpedia 5.0.3 replacing information as opposed to addin

Post by gryphonent »

Thanks Connor. I found that the bug is not always there... which made me doubt whether I posted too quickly. Glad you were able to reproduce it. I shall test the beta and get back to you if I find any problems. Thanks for the support!