iTunes tv episode import bug, with series name

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
raize
Contributor
Contributor

iTunes tv episode import bug, with series name

Post by raize »

When I drag an iTunes tv episode file onto the DVDpedia icon, the name of the overall series is imported into the Director field, and the Series field is left blank.
(By the way, iTunes displays the Series name in "Show", as well as in some other fields.)

This works elegantly otherwise, thanks for that!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iTunes tv episode import bug, with series name

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. I have fixed in the beta to avoid adding the series as the director and putting it in the right place. iTunes uses the same field for director information in actual movies. They use a four char code such as "aART" for that information (I assume it stands for artist) to make it hard to understand. If that were not enough it's also impossible to do from inside Xcode the programming interface due to the DRM from the iTunes Store, so you have to do a bit of guessing.
raize
Contributor
Contributor

Re: iTunes tv episode import bug, with series name

Post by raize »

Thanks Conor. I appreciate the very quick fix.
iTunes fields, as Apple uses them, can be very frustrating - by the time you look at Album, Artist, Album Artist, and then the Sort versions of these. You have my sympathy.