What Audio/Video Formats Have Been Used?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
romad
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

What Audio/Video Formats Have Been Used?

Post by romad »

I have media in the following:
Audio: 78 RPM Shellac; 33 & 45 RPM Vinyl; Cassette, CD
Video: VHS/SVHS; LD (both CAV & CLV); DVD. Oh I also have a couple of movies on film; one 8mm and one Super 8mm (If I can find them!).
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: What Audio/Video Formats Have Been Used?

Post by FineWine »

Please note that the Pedia’s are collection catalog programs not collection content players. https://www.bruji.com/help/dvdpedia/overview.html
https://www.bruji.com/help/cdpedia/overview.html
romad
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by romad »

That's funny because when I asked Bruji if I could use DVDpedia to catalog my LDs & VHS tapes and CDpedia to catalog cassettes, 45 & 78 rpm records, I was told I could and so I bought them. Are you saying that only DVDs, CDs, and 33 1/3 RPM records can be cataloged? I saw that CDpedia only lists CD & Vinyl under Format and while 45s could be listed as "Vinyl", cassettes and 78 RPM Shellac records shouldn't. The situation in DVDpedia is even worse where there ISN'T a Format field. So that is why I asked if anyone had used these applications for for other media formats as I wondered how they denoted other formats. If I can't specify the media format (33 1/3, 45, 78, Cassette, LD, VHS, etc.) then I've wasted my money and might as well just use Numbers to update my old A2 AppleWorks, Mac ClarisWorks, and Mac AppleWorks files.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Apologies I miss understood your question. I thought you wanted to use the Pedia's as a Content Player NOT a Content Catalogue program.

You state: "The situation in DVDpedia is even worse where there ISN'T a Format field." The Format Field is standard in all the Pedia's. You also state "I saw that CDpedia only lists CD & Vinyl under Format" these are standard formats that the Pedia's have already entered into the format field for you. BUT you can add/subtract different and multiple Format types yourself; DVD, Blue-ray, Video, Vinyl 45, Vinyl 78 etc. So first off lets ensure all Fields are displayed. Open an Edit window and look at the bottom left of that window. You will see a Show All or Hide Empty button. NOTE: when you are within the View window you will only see Fields that have entries so empty fields will not be shown.

Also for any field to be displayed it must be Ticked within File > Preferences > Fields.

You can also label your own Fields. There are; 10 Custom, 2 Custom Date, 2 Custom Checkbox, 2 Custom Tag & 2 Custom Text. All can have their own user chosen names. File > Preferences > Fields.

Have a read of this Help entry here: https://www.bruji.com/help/cdpedia/conf ... tml#fields

Also have a read about Autofill fields;
https://www.bruji.com/help/cdpedia/conf ... l#autofill

Also remember that within the Fields, Sites and Autofill Tab area's of Preferences, you can Left Click and hold then drag that Field up or down the list to set that Fields location with the View and Edit windows and in Sites Tab settings it will prioritise the search site order to use.

TIP: by clicking on the little triangle shape arrows (technical team = Twistie) within any field in any computer program, these will reveal drop down entry selection menu's. So as you build up your entries within these Fields, you will be able to click on these Twistie's and select an entry for that field. But also, that entry will also appear whilst typing that entry into the field. If the entry is not in the list, (a new entry), then as soon as you press the Enter Key it will be automatically added to that fields entry list. (refer to the above mentioned Help file)

I hope I have now answered your questions and allayed your misgivings about any perceived short comings of the Pedia's. Please get back to these forums if you have any more questions or thoughts concerning the Pedia's.

Cheers and stay Safe in these troubling times.
romad
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by romad »

OK, thanks for the explanation. I did a quick scan of the CDpedia help files but I find it easier to use PDF. Are there PDF versions available somewhere or will I have to generate them from the help files?
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Unfortunately the Help files do not come as PDF's but it is on Conor's long list of things to do.

Enjoy :D
romad
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by romad »

Thanks. I'll see about making quick and dirty ones for my use - probably won't have active linking but that isn't important.