DVDpedia wishlist items

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Luddify
Inductee
Inductee

DVDpedia wishlist items

Post by Luddify »

I've been using all the Pedia apps for what seems like an eternity now and can't imagine any other way of managing my collections. Thank you so much for your continued support and improvements through the years! I've recently been cleaning up my DVDpedia database and just thought I'd throw out a few wishlist items:

1. An easier way to reflect contents of box sets and multiple-title discs. Right now I have a custom field set up for "Contained in" that references the compilation title and a custom checkbox assigned to "Box Set" and "Compilation". This system works fine but anything that could automate some of these steps would be fantastic. Granted, I don't know what the best solution would be but am thinking maybe some sort of drag-and-drop of the film titles to link with the compilation disc.

2. Separate image containers built-in to enable display of two images (I'd love to use this to display both DVD cover and movie poster). I know you can add a second image as a link but having the ability to embed in both in the collection would be great.

3. I think this has been discussed elsewhere on the forums, but a pre-defined field to handle series numbers (like Criterion spine numbers). Not a big deal to create a custom field for this but might be helpful to have a proper official field.

Just some thoughts and thanks again for such amazing apps!