How to update from Amazon?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Dantem47
Inductee
Inductee

How to update from Amazon?

Post by Dantem47 »

I got all my books from Amazon. Since I usd i5t from day 1, and Amazon keeps changing manmy paarameters I only have 3/4 of my b ooks with an ASIN code.
However there is no way for me (I'm a new user of Bookpedia, althpough I used DVDpedia since it appeared on the internet), to upgrade from AMAZON as it is not on the available list
In the preferences I see I need to enter certqain AMAZON codes, but I don't know where and how I can get them. And in case someone would kindly explai step by step how and the link to find them, will this allow me to find AMAZON among tyhe sites where I can upgrade my book
In DVDpedia this isn't a big deal, why is this not available for the books section of the very same website?
Does anybody have the same problem? Actually most of my books i BOUGHT using Kindle, therefor ethe option to get the ISDN code is not available to me.

Please help
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: How to update from Amazon?

Post by FineWine »

Welcome to these Forums

Have you read this Help File entry: Searching Amazon for information

And of course there is the built-in pedia AWS facility: Hold the Opt key whilst clicking on the Help menu and ensure there is a Tick next to Amazon Test, if not just click on it. Now goto Preferences > Sites > Amazon Settings and the Access Key: field should read Amazon Test Enabled. Now click the blue Sign Up button.