Bookpedia - Amazon FR Bug

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Alexin8
Inductee
Inductee

Bookpedia - Amazon FR Bug

Post by Alexin8 »

Hello everyone !

I have some mistake with my Bookpedia since begin new year. I can't add new book with Amazon FR server, no result. It's works with other Amazon server (CA, IT, US...) I run on two version of BookPedia 6.2.1 and Beta 223. I try debug with special command and erase-re-select "Amazon test" but no result. Is there a link between the change of year and this bug ? Have you some informations on that ? I contacted Conor but I think his email is outdated, or simply very busy : / Thank you for your help
Have good day !
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia - Amazon FR Bug

Post by FineWine »

Welcome to these forums.

You are correct. ASIN, ISBN & Title searches are not working outside of USA & Canada.

I also have emailed Conor to let him know.

Bienvenue sur ces forums.

Vous avez raison. Les recherches d'ASIN, d'ISBN et de titre ne fonctionnent pas en dehors des États-Unis et du Canada.

J'ai également envoyé un e-mail à Conor pour le lui faire savoir.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Hello everyone,

Happy new year to you and all your loved ones.

Just to say, I have the same problem with amazon.fr.
IOS 11.6.2 + Bookpedia 6.2.1 beta 223
Do I have something special to do ?

Many thanks in advance,

Pascal
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Happy New Year everybody. A new year, new Amazon problems.

I was waiting for Amazon to get back to me. But they haven’t, I am too small for them care. Normally what happens is that I have sold too few items on the German/French and Spanish store and they cut off access to the data from Amazon for lack of referrals. They have not confirmed it, although the timing with the new year, might mean they are simply getting stricter and trying to get rid of small referrals using their API and software that uses it as opposed to webpages that they have preferred for a while now. They have been trying to end it for years on software, every time making it more complicated. You could sign up for your own keys, but the process is complicated and as mentioned they want you to have a website (https://partnernet.amazon.de or https://partenaires.amazon.fr). I’ll keep looking into it. In the meantime if you have a good source of alternative information for German, French and Spanish books that is open and has an API do let me know about it.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks Conor for the update.

I thought that was the problem. :(
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Thank you Connor.

For now, I will input manually my new books :-(
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I forgot to mention this should now be fixed, did some buying on Amazon FR with my own referral link.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Conor wrote:I forgot to mention this should now be fixed, did some buying on Amazon FR with my own referral link.
Effectively, it works.

Thank you Conor
ncreff

Post by ncreff »

I'm not sure if I'm posting on the appropriate thread. Apologies if this causes confusion.

I've carefully and tediously followed every step explained on :Building your database / Searching amazon.

I've entered access key, secret key, associate ID into Bookpedia's Amazon FR settings. Unfortunately I still get the following answer:
"The Access Key Id XXX is not enabled for accessing Product Advertising API. Please sign up for Product Advertising API at https://partenaires.amazon.fr/assoc_credentials/home."

I'm a basic reader: I have no intent on selling anything online, and I have no clue what is meant by using a referral link when buying. However, do the current rules mean that, except if I'm a seller, there's no way I will be able to get an access to amazon data via Bookpedia?

Right now, I have to enter manually almost all new entries, since they're usually not referenced on doghouse. It is not a solution at medium term, so any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums.

All the desktop pedia's have a built-in pedia AWS facility: Hold the Opt key whilst clicking on the Help menu and ensure there is a Tick next to Amazon Test, if not just click on it. Now goto Preferences > Sites > Amazon Settings and the Access Key: field should read Amazon Test Enabled. Now click the blue Sign Up button.
ncreff

Post by ncreff »

Your explanation was super clear, problem now solved!
Thanks for having taken the time to answer in a very informative way.

I thought I had posted on this forum a while ago, but it seems not... Is there a thread where newcomers should introduce themselves?
Anami
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Anami »

I know it's a never ending story but it's not working for me. I'm using Macbook Pro "Ventura" and DVDpedia. I do exactly as told: enabling amazon test in the help menue and in the preferences I click on the Singn In button. But trying to search DVDs via EAN no amazon site is giving a result. Please help. Thank you.