No syncing with iPhone and iPad

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Selles
Contributor
Contributor

No syncing with iPhone and iPad

Post by Selles »

DVDpedia does not sync with Pocketpedia. iMac 12.5.1and iOS15.6.1
What can i do?
Frank
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: No syncing with iPhone and iPad

Post by FineWine »

In this same Support forum, 8 topics down, there is a large topic on this question: Pocketpedia Sync Problem

Or here in PediaTalk: Pocketpedia Sync'ing

If you can not be bothered to use the forums Search facility first, here is the probable ??? answer to your dilemma.

Visit the “Settings” app on your iPhone and then look for “Pocketpedia”. There will be a "local network” access checkbox, make sure it’s checked so that Pocketpedia has access to receive data from the relevant pedia on the local network. You might have to relaunch Pocketpedia by swiping up in the app picker, that is initiated by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.
Selles
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Selles »

It seems not to be a Problem with the network. On each device Pocketpedia tries to start the sync. Trying to sync, a window pops up requesting the collection. Then a superfest sync is starting, telling somethig about changes (its too fast to read it completely), and the window closes with no changes in the database.
On the iPad I deleted Pocketpdiea and installed it again from the Appstore. Trying to sync, a window pops up on the iMac requesting a confirmation. And after that nothing. So I recovered the iPad from a backup but the database shows no covers.
And there is another quer thing. On the iPhone, I added one of the missing entries with Doghouse. With each sync a new copy of that entry is inserted into the db on the iMac. So it seems to me a problem with the db on the Mac.
Selles
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Selles »

Yes, the db was corrupted.
I exported all entries and created a new db. Now, all is working fine.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Good to hear

Have a read of this Topic: Pedia Maintenance Practices