Synch your Pedia's from iDevice to iMac

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
FineWine
Site Admin

Synch your Pedia's from iDevice to iMac

Post by FineWine »

When you select Sync on your iDevice you are Sync'ing from Mac to iDevice. But what if you want to do the reverse;

iDevice to Mac.

So in this case you need to initiate this from your Mac not your iDevice.

First thing to do is ensure your iDevice is talking to your Mac.

On all your iDevices visit “Settings” and then look for “Pocketpedia”. There will be a "local network” access checkbox make sure it’s checked so that Pocketpedia has access to receive data on the local network. You might have to relaunch Pocketpedia by swiping up in the app picker, that is initiated by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.

Now carry out the following:

1 - Connect your iDevice to your Mac
2 - Open Pocketpedia on your iDevice
3 - Ensure you are in the Collections screen as indicated in the left hand column
4 - Open the relevant Pedia on your Mac
5 - On your Mac hold the Option key click on the Help menu and this will open a hidden menu
6 - Select Pocketpedia (NOT Export for Pocketpedia)
7 - Select Import and follow the instructions
8 - Once the Synchronisation and Merging has finished as indicated on your iDevice, then you can close the function selection panel on your Mac
9 - Repeat for each Pedia

This will bring your data base over from your iDevice. Be patient as it may take a while.

Do not Quit the two apps or turn off your Mac or iDevice during this procedure.

Also have a read of this article: Pedia Maintenance Practices

And as well as the relevant pedia Help articles: MenuBar > Help > *****pedia Help > Overview then at the bottom of left hand index column: On your iPhone / iPad Pocketpedia 3

NOTE: When posting in the forum please state what pedia/s is involved, pedia version number and what macOS and or iOS version number. Always ensure you have installed the latest version of all OS's and pedia/s.

Hope you find these Tips & Hints helpful :D
gonnemans
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Synch your Pedia's from iDevice to iMac

Post by gonnemans »

A life saviour!! Briljant!!
SteveFitz
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by SteveFitz »

I’m a little confused. Is syncing only one way? I do use the Mac version as the “master”. It is, after all, backed up in several ways.

I am starting to catalogue books in an upstairs room (a long ongoing project). I have used my iPhone to do the job as the prospect of carrying many hundreds of books downstairs to the Mac doesn’t appeal. I have 500 or so books listed on the Mac Pedia and now 709 on my phone

Do I have to do an Idevice to Mac sync, or will a normal sync work both ways. Or worse case scenario remove the 200 books added to reflect the Mac?

Thanks for any help

Steve.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Have a read of the relevant Help article: MenuBar > Help > Bookpedia Help > Overview then at the bottom of left hand index column: On your iPhone / iPad Pocketpedia 3

NOTE: I have amended the above to reflect the Help article.