Entries Disappeared

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
plauman
Inductee
Inductee

Entries Disappeared

Post by plauman »

I contacted Bruji over two weeks ago and have not heard a thing. I opened my computer one day and all 6500 entries were gone. I quit the program, restarted, and tried all I know. Can someone help me or let me know why Bruji is not responding.

My entries are still available on my iPad Pro and iPhone 13. I do have things backed up by Time Machine.

I have been a customer since 2008! This is one of my most used and treasured apps! Thanking you in advance for your help.
Pam Lauman
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Entries Disappeared

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums.

I understand that you have lost your desktop mac pedia database, by default the pedia database folder is located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/******pedia

To see the location of your current data folder open the relevant pedia and goto the: menubar > ***pedia > Preferences > General > Data folder location.

Please have a read of this article: Pedia Maintenance Practices which will inform you of where and what files you should have in your ~/Library/Application Support/******pedia

You may have to re-point the pedia to where your database is located:

• Quit the pedia.
• Hold down the option key and start up the pedia.
• Click the 'Choose database' button, navigate to the data folder location and select the Database.***pd file.

NOTE: *** indicates the relevant pedia.

If the database is still missing from the relevant Application Support database folder, all is not lost as you state you use TimeMachine backup (well done) or you can retrieve your database/s from your iPad or iPhone.

To do this, have a read of this article: Synch your Pedia's from iDevice to iMac

Let us all know how you get on.

Please note for future reference can you please state what pedia/s is involved, pedia version number and what macOS and or iOS version number. Always ensure you have installed the latest version of all OS's and pedia/s.
GregL5577

Post by GregL5577 »

This just happened to my CDpedia Library. I have version 6.2.1 and my entire CD library has disappeared.

I have followed you instructions and checked the "Applications Support" Folder in my Mac's Library and neither CDpedia nor DVDpedia Applications appear.

I don't have either pedia apps on my iPad or iPhone.

Where can I locate my CD[edia library, or is it gone?

Please help!

GregL5577
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these forums. Sorry to hear that your database has disappeared.
I have followed you instructions and checked the "Applications Support" Folder in my Mac's Library and neither CDpedia nor DVDpedia Applications appear.
Just to double check things:

1 - Open CDpedia > Preferences > General tab to check where the pedia has been directed to place its database file by looking at the 'Data folder location' entry, which should, on a standard pedia setup be: ~/Library/Application Support/CDpedia

2 - Now to double check that this location instruction is working: Quit the pedia in the Dock. Hold down the Option key whilst starting up the relevant pedia. Click on 'Choose Database'. This should take you directly to where pedia believes your database is located. Highlight Database.cdpd and click on Open, the pedia should open up showing you all your data.

3 - Repeat for each respective pedia.

DO YOU HAVE A BACKUP ????

If you still cannot find your database file/s and you have a backup then you will need to carry out a restore.

Did you carry out any of the tasks listed in Pedia Maintenance Practices ?? Especially those tasks listed 1 to 3. Please read carefully. Files do become corrupted over time. So a fresh start is always a good thing.

Let us know how you get on.