Bookpedia: Missing covers from collection

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jrusin

Bookpedia: Missing covers from collection

Post by jrusin »

Book covers I have added to the collection go missing. I will re-add the images and they then disappear again. It seems to be the same books each time as well.
I add my own covers that are high resolution and will match the edition I have added to the collection. I am thinking they may disappear during updates to the app but will need to track that on the next one.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia: Missing covers from collection

Post by FineWine »

There are some hidden menu tasks that you can perform:
Hold down the Option key and click on the main Help menu and select - each in turn: 'Verify Database', 'Remove Orphaned Covers' and 'Clean Duplicates in Fields' these may not solve your problems but it wont hurt either.

Also have a read of this Topic: Pedia Maintenance Practices
jrusin

Post by jrusin »

I ended up figuring out my issue. I use iCloud and the folder that holds the covers is in an iCloud folder. For whatever reason the missing covers were not downloaded locally. Once I downloaded them they showed fine.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

:D Great to hear plus that is a handy piece of advice for trouble shooting for others.