CDpedia 7.0 beta 300 - Add a new album

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia 7.0 beta 300 - Add a new album

Post by DanThe »

Can anyone reproduce this in CDpedia 7.0 beta 300?

When I add a new album with barcode 0602455919939 for The Beatles - Now And Then (CD Single), the search goes through Wikipedia then starts in Amazon US and the add window immediately closes with no result.

When I open add album again, the barcode is still there but the windows closes again within a few seconds.

I am testing this on an M1 MacBook Pro.

I was able to add the album by reverting back to my App Store version of CDpedia.

Cheer! :D
SaberCats2K
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: CDpedia 7.0 beta 300 - Add a new album

Post by SaberCats2K »

Unfortunately, I don't have the barcode, but when I manual add "The Beatles - Now And Then" to the search, it pops up with... Image.

Hope this helps. This was on my M2 Pro Mac mini with CDpedia 7.0 Beta 300.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Not quite sure what your problem is here.

If I search using 0602455919939 with Discog's I do get a result for the single release.
If I search using All criteria I get the Doghouse result of the album.
If I search just using Discog's using the title then I get a multitude of results.

Remember you can change your search site by clicking on the drop down arrow by the magnifying glass in the search pane. Then when/if it brings up a result you can see other results by clicking on the right facing arrow just above the blue Add button.

Hope this helps.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Seems like this has been addressed in CDpedia 7.0 beta 306. Only tried it few times but so far so good. Might have to do with the site searches that Conor has been fixing from other threads in the forum.