Pocketpedia sorting problem

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
edwardsjethro
Inductee
Inductee

Pocketpedia sorting problem

Post by edwardsjethro »

Hi folks! I own CDpedia (last version 5.6.1) and Pocketpedia 3 (ver 3.5) While using Cdpedia I can exclude "the" sorting by Artist (i.e. The Beatles are correctly under the letter B or The Rolling Stone R) I can't find this option with Pockepedia (same file) so all the artists with "the " at the beginning are under letter T.
Any help?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Pocketpedia sorting problem

Post by FineWine »

Hi and welcome to these great forums.

In answer to your question. You can not sort within Pocketpedia per se as it takes it sort from the desktop pedia. To enable sorting while ignoring 'The' here is an explanation from the Help files.

'Ignore foreign articles during title sort' will not take into account foreign articles such as der, die, das, le, la, el, etc. when sorting entries by title. The program automatically ignores English articles (the, a, an) when sorting. For this setting to take effect you have to re-sort the title column after you've checked the preference so the titles can pick up the new sort method.
For total control over the sort feature, use the 'Sort Title' field. Whatever you enter into that field, that's what the program will take into account when sorting. So if you want "12 Monkeys" to be sorted under Monkey instead of 12, enter M into the Sort Title field of the movie.

So goto File > Preferences > and ensure Ignore foreign articles when sorting titles is ticked