Maybe a beep after scanning a bar code?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Maybe a beep after scanning a bar code?

Post by ScottH »

I just got a CueCat today ($13 with shipping, cuecats.com if you don't want to deal with Ebay) and was once again blown away at how great this software is! First time I scanned something in DVDpedia, and a few seconds later, up comes the full information!

Anyway, this is a totally frivolous request that may not even be possible, based on the mechanics involved...The one thing I missed when I scanned a UPC code was a satisfying "beep". Maybe you can build that in, as an option so it could be turned off?

If it's easy, that would be cool. If not, I'd much rather you focus on getting the new versions of the Pedias out the door...After seeing the new feature list on Gamepedia 2.0, I'm eagerly anticipating the new releases of the others!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the feature suggestions Scott. Well since we do have a function to decode the encoded CueCat message I have add a "Morse" beep (one of the included system sounds in all Macs) at the end of that function for you. (It will not be in the programs until the next update, gamepedia 2.0.3 update will be coming before DVDpedia so you can give it a try out there.) If your CueCat has been neutered, then it's not as simple as the input is no different then input from the keyboard.

Thanks for posting about cuecats.com as other users might be interested in knowing about them.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ScottH »

Thanks. Unfortunately, I have a modified (neutered) CueCat, so I don't see the scrambled numbers first :( I didn't even realize that the pedias worked with the unmodified versions.

Oh, well. I was afraid it might not be possible to do. At least the unmodified CueCats can beep in the new release.