DVDpedia Library Value

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
smail
Inductee
Inductee

DVDpedia Library Value

Post by smail »

Hi,

I believe it would be good if you could switch the value display at the bottom of the main window for your library between RRP value and 'actual' value, taken from the 'price paid' field in the 'advanced' tab on the details.

Smail
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can have both the list price and the paid price showing at the bottom of the window - check your Preferences/Other for all the possibilities.

Nora
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gryphonent »

I always found the value bit pretty useless. Tell you why: I have an eclectic library of DVDs, which I have bought throughout Europe and beyond. Because the list price is taken from the source site, i.e. Amazon.fr or Amazon.de or Amazon.co.uk and so forth, the currency is constantly different. The value field has no currency symbol, so I assume it just adds together whatever values I’ve entered into the purchase field and presents the aggregate. A much smarter solution, and one that would be feasible for the Pedias as well without having to deal with currency exchange issues, can be found in your “competitor” Booxter. The app is smart enough to add values together only if their respective indicator, i.e. $ or USD or £ or GBP, is the same... whatever is entered as a suffix to the value. Then the sums are presented at the bottom in more than one currency, depending on your entries and items in your library. Much more accurate.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. The ability to do that, requires a fundamental change to the database and the way we handle price values. We hope to work that kind of ability in in a future versions.