Artwork Selection

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Artwork Selection

Post by gryphonent »

When downloading cover art for a selection DVDpedia just pulls the first possible solution from the Internet. Don’t even know from what source... but the fact is that sometimes these artworks are collections, packages, or really ugly product shots. Wouldn’t it be great to have a small window with possible matches and give the user a choice what artwork to select? The same goes for the synopsis and comments fields where some of my entries just have plain stupid entries... but that’s another story.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The cover art comes from Amazon (which one depends on what you have selected in the Search window) and it gets the first one that corresponds to the entry. Obviously, that works great when the entry came initially from Amazon because it can check for the ASIN and get you the correct image without a problem. Otherwise it uses the Title field to find a match.
If the program gets a bad image, you can delete it (Advanced menu/Remove cover art) and drag your own image into the field.

Nora
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gryphonent »

I understand that the artwork comes from Amazon, but these are different from country to country. At times, the same title may have a photographed boxed set on one site and the original artwork at another site. Not to speak of country specific artworks such as Germany and France. Thing is, I’d like to have the original artwork in DVDpedia and not some boxed set photo with DVDs flying around.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for the idea.