Currency Mess

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gryphonent
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Currency Mess

Post by gryphonent »

I remember posting about this issue before when the Pedias were at version 2... it might have been dropped or lost, so here we go again, especially as the issue has somewhat gotten out of hand with the new statistics in the new Pedias: these apps need proper support for currencies! I have all kind of prices paid in various currencies because I have purchased DVDs across Europe and North America. That’s one thing, the second thing is that the information is retrieved from various sources, hence the list prices also vary in terms of currency. Not to speak of the inability to recognize EUR and €, USD and $ or US$... it’s a mess!

Here’s what you need to do and doing it is fairly simple: have one field for the currency and one for the price when entering/retrieving information. Then set a main currency through the preferences and have the Pedias update the currencies in the background through a public service like Yahoo!... voila, all currencies are now in the main currency and we know what the value of the library is and what we have spent on it.