enhancing the data acquisition

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
maik
Contributor
Contributor

enhancing the data acquisition

Post by maik »

Hello,

I just bought DVDPedia and am very happy with its ease of use. Finally getting an overview of my collection again :) I just wish it would support more sites to search for DVD details, out of 153 DVDs it recognised 61 correctly, 46 with minor errors, and 46 not at all. Those last 46 were mostly bought in Belgium or the Netherlands. BOL NL's selection is not very comprehensive and it seems to be the only site to support dutch DVDs. One site that recognises the majority (28) of those is http://www.beslist.nl/. Could you please add it to a future version?

The remaining unrecognised are 11 from Belgium, 2 from Finland, 2 from Spain, 2 from Germany, and 1 from Sweden.

BTW, those minor errors that I mentioned above were mostly related to languages and subtitles. It would be great if you had a means of collecting user corrections for a given EAN code, then others could benefit from that.

Also, while I have DVDs from many countries I prefer to keep the summary in English. Being able to selectively copy fields from different sources would be great! E.g. create the entry based on data from the site that recognises the DVD by EAN but later allow for selected fields like the summary to be retrieved from an english site based on the movie's title (or a custom field where I keep english titles in).

Cheers,
-Maik