Continual Amazon issues

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.

Continual Amazon issues

Postby vjl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am

Using Amazon Test [because nobody has purchased any items via a website I have my affiliate link up on for a month], I get 90% miss rates on all the items I scan. This makes for a very, very slow data entry process.

This is 100% reproducible for me. I use a USB barcode scanner on a book such as "Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle" [hardcover]:
9780670022557

and bookpedia v6.0.1 gives me an entry with 3 fields filled in:

https://cloudup.com/cdyvO-VXI8P
https://cloudup.com/c2GIrkJoX4D
https://cloudup.com/cybr90R5thB

[title, URL, date added; only the date added is correct; the URL is always the same and the title is always random].

How do I fix this? The long way - I delete the URL and title. I scan the book on Amazon's website and copy the ISBN-10 [which is 99% of the time the ASIN] into the ASIN field in Bookpedia. Then I use the cog wheel on the lower right of the window to fetch the rest of the data from Amazon US [which is my only source I use to fetch data from, as I sell on Amazon and need the ASIN in order to list the items I sell].

This takes a lot of time when I am adding 100s of books per day. Currently about 90% of the books I enter I have to do this for because of this error or another one - often times the Kindle or audiobook version is added instead of the hardcover or paperback that I scan; this requires me deleting ALL fields and doing the same cut/paste of the ASIN into the ASIN field and using the cog wheel. The cog wheel *always* works and grabs the correct data; I wish the ++ multi-add feature did to, as it used to a year or so ago. This problem has been getting steadily worse and is now at a point where it's affecting the business as data entry takes a lot longer now.

I only use the multi add feature since I am scanning 100s of books per day into Bookpedia via the USB barcode scanner.

Is there any fix for this in the works?

Side note: if anyone wants to help me get my affiliate account back so I don't have to use the Amazon Test feature [which is tons slower at getting results than using my own credentials], I would appreciate it. The Amazon link is on the side bar of this website: https://www.fauna365.com

Thanks!
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Continual Amazon issues

Postby vjl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:10 pm

A quick followup - using my own Affiliate credentials none of these issues are happening for me [I finally got a sale using my affiliate links - I should really publish them more!]. The speed of the scans is also back to normal, and the bug that keeps coming back with multi add has gone away which makes no sense [if I manually type an ISBN in Bookpedia in the multi add window, after hitting return the detail window would pop up with the added item and I would have to hit ESC and then TAB to get focus back on the multi add window; I have no idea why using my own Amazon credentials would make this bug go away].

The only time I now have to use Amazon Test is when adding non books into Bookpedia; I am unsure what magic permission the Bookpedia Amazon Test credentials have that I do not, but when using my own, that's not allowed.
vjl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:05 pm


Return to Support