Version history for Pocketpedia3
Version: 3.0.3 (31/10/12)
- Optimized for the taller iPhone 5: more space to display entries and collections.
- New barcode scan feature for devices with camera.
- Works as a remote barcode scanner for the Desktop Pedias when an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch is connected to the same network as the Mac.
- New minimum version requirement: iOS 4.3 to support iPhone 5.
- Date formats used in the Pedia settings are now honored, for example to display theatrical date in the chosen format.
- The current synced Pedia sort is stored so that it can be selected again after sorting by one of the main attributes.
- For developers: new URL command "filterCollection?" brings up the filter field for the Library collection; will also accept a predefined search such as: "bookpedia://filterCollection?Tolkien".
- For developers: blank "search?" URL command brings up the Doghouse search field for text entry.
- Bug fix: A rare conflict connected to entries marked as returned could keep them marked as borrowed after a sync.
Version: 3.0.2 (01/08/12)
- The borrowed by history from Pocketpedia is now synched backwards to the Pedias when an item is both borrowed and then returned in Pocketpedia before a sync.
- Bug fix: rare start up crash that could happen after deleting a collection and Pocketpedia trying to restore on launch that collection which no longer exists.
- Ability to start a search via URL protocol for other programs, e.g. dvdpedia://search?Top%20Gun or bookpedia://search?9780553573404
Version: 3.0.1 (25/05/12)
- Ability to moderate an entry in Doghouse before adding it to Pocketpedia
- Rating field was not displayed
- Turning off "Large Covers" in the Settings removes any previously synched large covers from Pocketpedia with the next sync
- Cache sorting and sections of items allow for super fast opening of collections with more than 1000 items after the first time
- iPhone: following the "add to *pedia" link in Safari did not show the result if Pocketpedia was just launched
- iPhone: Tracks now include track number
- iPhone: Tracks now include track artist if available
- iPad: Scrolling enabled for "More" button pop-up when a lot of information is present (mainly for landscape mode)
- iPad: six extra pixels added for cover height, bringing the default cover ratio to 1.424 (the most common image ratio)
- Bug fix: couldn't move items into collections contained inside sub-folders
- Bug fix: limit for very very large summaries or comments on iPad that could cause a crash on iPad 1
- Bug fix: crash that could occur in rare circumstances during sync when checking what images needed syncing
- Bug fix: for crashes on launch for old iPod 2G and iPhone 3G with large collections
- Bug fix: the first Pedia program synched would give its name to the 'Collections' header, regardless of other Pedias synched afterward
- Bug fix: Editor translation in German updated to Herausgeber
Version: 3.0 (20/04/12)